Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Late Christmas Album

This is the day by day mini album that I made last year starting from the day after Thanksgiving. I've had it sitting around the house because I couldn't find a way to bind it. You see.... I made an error in judgment. :)  I made a 2 page spread for each of the 30 days leading up to Christmas. So by the 25 of December, I wound up with a mini that was more like a maxi! Since there aren't any binding options out there that could bind this huge album, I just tied it up with a ribbon and set it in my closet. That is, until today. I figured out that zip ties work wonders! (Yep, you heard me... zip ties). If you want to take a closer look at any of the images, just click on them. They should open in a separate window.












I have a lot more pages than this, but there's just not enough room to show them all. This upcoming Christmas, I'll definitely be a little more reserved. But, this was a crash course in what to do and what NOT to do. I'm just so glad that I was able to finally bind it. If I had a video camera, I'd walk you all through it. For now, this will just have to do. I have no clue what all the papers were (remember, this was last year). I didn't think to write any of it down and now I have no chance of tracking it all down. I hope you all enjoyed this and I look forward to doing another project this Christmas.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Cute album! I am glad you found another use for those zip ties. Who knew?

Ursula Schneider said...

this is beautiful and I love your innovative solution! brilliant!