Monday, May 30, 2011

Fudpucker's



There's a restaurant in Destin called Fudpucker's. It's a definite tourist destination. They keep baby alligators there and for $10, you can hold a baby alligator and take a picture with it. When you take a picture with an alligator or buy food to feed them, Fudpucker's donates the proceeds to their conservation.



The walls are so bright and colorful. You are encouraged to leave your name somewhere. There's names inside of the light fixtures and on the ceiling!


The bright colors where a little interesting for me to work with. I'm usually a neutral or muted kind of person. But this was actually fun. I started out with a deep blue striped paper. It's a Stella Rose paper from My Mind's Eye, LLC. The I layered on a lace die cut paper from Basic Grey. I arranged all my pictures on the right as a film strip. This layout seems to be very common. I've found quite a few arranged this way. It seemed the perfect fit for my photos. I wanted the outside of Fudpucker's to be the main focus because of all the colors. The other photos took on a thumbnail presence.


The flower is just a paper flower that I used pink and green chalk ink on. Then I embossed both and layered them. The center of the flower is actually from an old earring of mine. I lost the mate to it..... so now it's an embellishment! LOL.


I also added small tags to each photo to label them. Hope you enjoyed this! :)

No comments: