Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Destin Beach and Shopping


First off... look at that night sky! Destin's beach is beautiful. It was such a breathtaking sight. I don't own a tripod, so I couldn't get a good shot. But then, I made a mound of sand and set the camera on it. Worked fairly well, right? (Mental note: Get a darn tripod!)

Destin is also home to a wonderful outlet mall called Silver Sands. We bought a lot of little goodies. It may sound silly to scrapbook your purchases, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I used a light color scheme consisting of mostly tones (hue + grey = tone). I stacked the photos and numbered them so I could fit as much on the paper as possible with little or no confusion.


I used a grey marker for all the journaling. The journaling is also lined with grey stitching stamps. I wanted to keep with texture being my main focus. All of the paper edges were distressed to add to the overall feel.


Hope you enjoyed this page. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the Destin trip finished. Wish me luck.

No comments: