Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting



My wonderful FMIL took an adorable picture of Jada. (I swear, that dog has more pictures than a Hollywood celebrity!) The picture shows Jada peering out the window waiting for us. Anyone who knows Jada also knows that this is an everyday occurrence for her. She's always waiting for us and she becomes so happy and excited when we come home. You can have the worst day in the world, but when you come home you can't help but smile as she stands on her hind legs waiting on you to pick her up and love her. That's why I thought the title 'Waiting' was so appropriate.

But even though I had found a title, I had no clue where to begin. I didn't want to put it on a white cardstock background because it would lose some of its warmth. I had tried cream cardstock, but it still didn't seem right. Then, my FMIL and I visited our LSS and I ran across and adorable paper! It's Kaiser Craft's Homemade Collection- P569 Friendly Family. It has a beautiful retro design on the font and a soft textured back. I got two pages of it so I cold use one side as a background and the other side as an accent page.


I've been seeing so many of the cute little kite banners, but I've never had the guts to do one. Well, here's my attempt. Did I succeed? LOL. I used Viva Decor's Perfect Pearl Pens to connect the edges of my banner in the top right corner. The home sweet home paper is actually the info at the bottom of the paper. It's the piece that has the manufacture info that you usually cut off. (They are making those so cute that you never throw them away!)


The journaling says "Nothing washes your troubles away like seeing the unconditional love of a dog waiting for you". I lined all of my journaling and papers with Paper Studio's cardstock to help it stand out. And the finishing touch was American Crafts Thickers. I love the Marquise chipboard letters because they look like they have stitching on them which added to my "Homemade" look. I just love the little details that go into everything.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and please show your love for my blog by following it and leaving comments. I can't wait to hear from you!

1 comment:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my that is the cutest picture ever! love it--the layout is pefect