Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mini Recipe Album

This project was originally going to be the mini album to give to my wonderful FMIL. But once I got started, it just didn't seem like what I wanted to give her. So I stopped working on it and started on my Victorian mini album. Well, now that the Victorian mini album went over so well with her, I decided to come back to the envelope album. I found an adorable page with lots of embellishment possibilities (Kaiser Craft- Nan's favorites collection-Lemon Slice). I cut out pieces and used them as embellishments throughout the album. This gave my album a recipe book feel. So I went with it! It looked so cute and retro.

The embellishment that I put on the front was a little altered. It originally said "Easy as Pie" but I wanted it to say "Made with Love". So, I scanned the paper into Photoshop. I used the patch tool to erase all the words and blend the background. Then I got my own type tool and looked for a font that seemed similar. After I was happy with the look, I printed it out on cardstock and cut it out with an exacto knife.


To the left is a close-up of the binding. I used Graphic 45 fibers, Fun Fur, and dyed seam binding. I may add more later. The binding was made up of clear hair elastics. I really loved the way it turned out because not only is it stretchy, but it's also clear. Clear binding won't disrupt my papers or take away from them.
I found some cute tiny letters from Cosmo Cricket. They worked perfectly for my small scale.


The tabs for each page were made using a 1.5" punch from EK Success.

Each page has two cards inside for ingredients and instructions. I tried to leave the front of each card blank so I can attach a picture of the finished meal.

I added depth to my embellishments by using 3D dots to pop them up.

My wonderful FMIL gave me envelopes to put on my pages. They looked so cute, but I have no idea who makes them. I think she might have made this one.

 I used Studio G ink in a variety of colors to go around the edges of my pages and give them depth. The bottom strip of paper in the picture to the left was actually the cut off portion of a Sassafras paper. It had the title of the paper and the bar code on the back. Normally, you would throw it away, but it just looked so cute that I kept it.

The paper on the left side accidently got pasted on upside down. So I put a paper doilie on it to give it texture and to hide my mistake.

I wanted to have a spot on the back where I could write down the date or a sentiment if I wanted to give it as a gift.








I hope everyone enjoyed this little album as much as I did. I can't wait to add my photos and recipes to this little guy. I showed it to my FMIL and she decided to make one too! (Although her's is already looking better! LOL).

Materials Used:
Ink- Studio G
3D Dots- EK Success
Paper- October Afternoon- Seaside- Sailboat
            Lilybee Design- Catching Fall- Cashmere Sweater
           Crate Paper- Restoration Collection- Lace
           Echo Park- For the Record- Fabric Store
           Sassafras-Applejack- AJSLDSP - 11402
Type-  Cosmo Cricket- Tiny Type
Adhesive- Terrifically Tacky Tape
     

No comments: