Saturday, June 25, 2011

He wants to fly!

My dad has been building an airplane for a few years now. It recently hit me that I have never taken a single picture of him throughout the process. Well, I quickly ratified that! I wanted to have this layout done before Father's Day, but it didn't work out that way. I have a habit of stopping in the middle of a page. If I feel like I'm stuck, I'll just put the page away. Later, if I feel a little more creative, I'll come back and pick it up. Pushing myself to do a layout when I don't feel the creativity just results in a page I'm not happy with. So don't feel bad about about stepping away and saying "I'll come back to it later."


When I saw Graphic 45's Transatlantique paper line, I knew that it would be perfect. The colors are very guy-appropriate and it even had an airplane blue print. I have no clue what ribbon that is (it was from my scrap stash), but I hope I can find out soon. It was self-adhesive! All I had to do was peel the backing off and stick it to the page. It was so wonderful and mess free!


All of the yellowish paper is actually index cards. I used Studio G stamp pads in yellow and brown to layer on the color until I got just the right hue. I wanted it to be soft looking and a little distressed.


I've seen some really cute post card stamps, but I don't own one. So I got on Photoshop Illustrator and printed one out onto my post card. Then I added a postage stamp from one of the papers.

The letters got a little lost with the detailed background. So, I outlined the letters with a black ink pen. Hope you all liked it!

1 comment:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great layout! love the colors